PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION (POPI) ACT 4 of 2013: CLIENT NOTIFICATION
As the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) will officially be enforced on 1 July 2021, Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting herewith notifies all customers, suppliers and third parties of our compliance hereto.
The POPI Act 4 of 2013 is intended to promote the right to privacy while at the same time, protecting the flow of information and the right of access to information.
The POPI Act 4 of 2013 establishes the rights and duties of organisations to collect and use personal dare for business balanced against the right of individuals to have their personal details respected.
This notification sets out how personal information will be collected, used, and protected by Appleton Consulting and Business as required by the POPI Act 4 of 2013.
- The personal information that Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting requires elates to names and surnames, birth dates, identity numbers, demographic information, occupation information, physical addresses, email addresses and telephone contact details. The information may be used for the verification of the customer, supplier, and third-party details and where appropriate or to conduct credit checks, in accordance with the Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and the Financial Sector Regulations Act 9 of 2017 applicable to them.
- The customer, supplier and or third party acknowledge and has the right to request a list their information and to review and correct it.
- Customers, suppliers and third parties acknowledge that the collection, processing, and transfer of the only the necessary personal information is important to enforce the contractual relationship with Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting and or in accordance with the legislation mentioned par a above.
- All personal information will be held securely in lockable cabinets and or password protected electronic storage devices, with strict access control. Whenever Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting commissions other organisations to provide support services, it will conclude a written agreement with the operator to establish and maintain confidentiality and security measures to ensure the integrity of personal information, which will be regularly monitored to ensure compliance.
- Should Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting become aware that personal information has been compromised in any way, we will notify you accordingly as well as the relevant Regulatory Authorities within the prescribed timelines. As part of the notification breach, Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting will advise of the nature of breach and what actions may be taken to protect your information. In addition, Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting will do everything possible to reduce the impact of any such breach of personal information.
Could you please confirm by ticking the appropriate box below if you give your explicit informed consent for Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting to process your according to the POPI Act 4 of 2013?
The Directors: Appleton Consulting and Business Accounting